At ActionAid we are fully committed to openness and transparency.
As a leading UK charity, we are accountable to our staff, partners, donors, stakeholders and to the UK government and believe that by providing accessible and timely information, we will build trust and clearly demonstrate the level of our performance.
That is why we have decided to publish a new range of key documents and reports.
What we will publish
ActionAid UK already produces a full range of general information. In addition, we will now make the following information available:
How and where to find the information
- We will respond promptly to written requests for information (by letter or email)*
- Information on key topics will be clearly signposted on our website
- Information will be made available electronically. Occasionally we may make information available in printed form
*We may not respond to anonymous requests for information
In order to respect confidentiality and the law, ActionAid UK will protect certain information including:
- Personal information concerning members of staff;
- Intellectual property of ActionAid UK or provided to ActionAid UK that is confidential or subject to restrictions;
- Matters relating to ongoing legal processes.
We will not disclose information that we believe could give a fundraising advantage to ActionAid’s competitors.
Keeping people safe
During wars or conflict, or in times or situations of high-risk, ActionAid UK may withhold information to ensure the safety of our staff, our partners or our organisation.