ActionAid is changing. We are moving on from just fighting against poverty – to working for long lasting solutions to poverty.
Our new strategy for 2012-2017, we have made ten key promises to change the world:
- securing women’s land rights
- promoting sustainable agriculture
- holding governments to account on public services
- achieving redistributive resourcing of development
- transforming education for girls and boys
- harnessing youth leadership to end poverty and injustice
- building people’s resilience to conflict and disaster
- responding to disasters through rights
- increasing women’s and girls’ control over their bodies
- generating women-centred economic alternatives
We also lay organisational priorities: to transform our leadership, improve our systems, diversify our income and harness the remarkable people-power of our staff, our committed Boards and Assemblies, our volunteers and supporters.
To deliver on this new strategy we need to build deeper connections – linking people and movements across the planet and across issues, connecting our work locally, nationally and globally.
And we need to strengthen our human rights based approaches – with a new emphasis on changing attitudes and behaviours, harnessing the power of mass communications and campaigning.
If you want to know more, you can download:
- People’s Action to End Poverty: The full strategy (28 A4 pages)
- A summary booklet on the strategy (16 A5 pages)
- An introductory leaflet to the strategy
- A video - 4 minutes
- Action for Change - ActionAid UK's strategy
photo : ©J Matthews/ Network/ ActionAid UK