Syria Crisis Appeal
ActionAid is getting ready for the world’s next big disaster. Over the past two years, 700 natural disasters were registered worldwide, affecting more than 450 million people. That’s why we need you to organise a fundraising activity during ActionAid’s Global Emergencies Week.
Over 1 million refugees have been evacuated from the country so far, and around 7,000 more are fleeing every day.
ActionAid is working in Zaatari refugee camp to provide people with basic, but essential items such as clothes, hygiene kits, soap and washing powder to people who have lost everything.
As part of our Global Emergencies Team, you'll be an essential part of ActionAid's fast reponse, raising funds to get supplies, aid and long-term support to those who need it most. You’ll receive a disaster alert within 24 hours of an emergency, with a link to everything you need to start fundraising instantly.
How it works
ActionAid knows the sooner we act in the face of emergency, the stronger and quicker people’s recovery. You’ll be part of this fast response, supporting the frontline work of one of the world’s most established Emergency and Conflict Response Teams.
You’ll receive notification in the first 24 hours of an emergency. We then need you to swing into action, fundraising to help get essential supplies and long-term support to people who desperately need yo0ur help.
Whether it’s having a special emergency collection box on your desk at work, staging a benefit concert in your community, asking your friends and family to donate, or running a street collection, we can make your fundraising as easy as possible for you.
What you will receive
- access to a dedicated online network
- fundraising toolkits tailored to the emergency, including posters, status updates and emails, text message alerts and digital resources
- starter manual to get you up-to-speed with our work and help you identify what type of fundraising event will be most effective for you
- free resources to help with your fundraising
- insider information on the current emergency situations across the globe
- the chance to apply to be an emergency coordinator
Photo © Mark Chilvers/ActionAid
Photo © Paul Wu/ActionAid