This multimedia resource is designed for KS3/4 Geography and Citizenship teachers. It looks at examples of ActionAid’s work and gives some background to our approach to development.
Learners are encouraged to investigate, debate and critically evaluate key questions relating to how a development organisation works.
Created to support teaching about Human Development at KS3/4, this free, downloadable resource contains:
- ‘ActionAid in Action’ audio slideshow full of case studies
- A short history of ActionAid’s approach to development
- Series of 3 lesson ideas and activity sheets
- ‘ActionAid in Action’ audio slideshow (please use the links above)
- ‘40 years of fighting poverty: a short history of ActionAid’s education work’ (introductory PowerPoint)
- ‘40 years of fighting poverty: a short history of ActionAid’s education work’ (PDF Hand-out)
- ‘Extracts from a staff handbook’ (PDF Hand-out)
- Activity Sheet: Making choices