Your week of adventure, culture and volunteering
- ActionAid began work in Uganda in 1982. We work in 50 districts across the country, supporting communities in the poorest and most remote areas.
- In recent years, Uganda has transformed itself from a country with a troubled past to one of relative stability.
- The Uganda Marathon will take place in Masaka, about 2 hours drive southwest of the capital of Kampala.
The weather and running conditions
The weather has never been an issue for competitors. The race takes place at the end of the rainy season, which brings cooler temperatures of an average 25 celsius. Plenty of water stations and suncream dot the course.
Camping – £595
Camp out at the beautiful Athlete’s Village if you love being close to nature. All facilities are available.
Athletes’ Village – £795
Stay in a private room with your own ensuite bathroom in the grounds of the Athletes’ Village.
Hotel – £1,095
Stay in comfort in the best hotel in Masaka — enjoy hot showers, soft beds, a pool and a gym.
What’s included in my trip?
- 7 nights accommodation
- 3 meals per day
- Race entry — also subsidising 15 Ugandan youth runners
- Airport transfers from Entebbe
- 2 volunteer days with local projects
- Campfire evenings with 150 new friends
- Daily activities — including a Lake Nabungo trip for swimming.
- Nightly entertainment of music, traditional drumming and dance
- Race t-shirt and medal
- 24/7 emergency medical support
What’s not included
You’ll need to organise some things yourself, and pay for a few things during your time in Uganda. These include:
Ideas to help reach your fundraising target
Whether you’re a first timer or experienced at raising money, we can help you meet your fundraising target. Plus we’ll send you lots of resources to help promote your event — everything from balloons to posters.