Make a feminist fashion statement like James Bond star Lashana Lynch this festival season with a #MyBodyIsMine t-shirt
As the festival season approaches, ActionAid UK are encouraging people to get their hands on their limited edition #MyBodyIsMine t-shirts, already worn by actors, influencers, activists and artists. Bond 25 and Captain Marvel star Lashana Lynch is the latest to support the cause.
Other famous names include:
• Upskirting law-changer Gina Martin
• Black Mirror’s Kiran Sonia Sawar
• Middle Eastern influencer and author Alya Mooro
• Coronation Street and Netflix’s ‘Criminal’ actor Katherine Kelly
• Poet Hollie McNish
• Presenter Lauren Layfield
• Influencer Natalie Lee.
The t-shirts, designed by artists Laura Callaghan, Clio Peppiatt, Patternity, Poppy Chancellor and Ruby Taylor are a unique interpretation of #MyBodyIsMine. The charities campaign encourages women and girls around the world to reclaim their rights to their bodies and lives by challenging the idea that women and girls’ bodies are the property of men, for them to exploit and control.
1 in 3 women worldwide will experience violence in their lifetime, such as domestic violence, rape, acid attacks, child marriage and female genital mutilation. ActionAid UK works with women and girls to ensure women and girls voices are heard and to end violence within communities; including putting an end to child marriage, and working with girls who have been held back from school due to period poverty or period ‘shaming.’
The t-shirts will be sold by the company Everpress until the 6th July with 100% of the profits will go towards ActionAid’s work in local communities to end violence against women and girls, help them reclaim their rights to their bodies and ensure their voices are heard.
Poppy Chancellor, the designer behind Poppy’s Papercuts said:
‘I love creating images of sisterhood and beauty so when I was approached by ActionAid I jumped at the chance. The difference they are making to communities worldwide is truly inspirational. Which is why my image of these three woman shows their strength, courage and independence. By purchasing the exclusive t-shirts are in support of ActionAid UK’s #MyBodyIsMine campaign everyone can wear their support for women and girls on our sleeves.”
Commenting Jean McLean Deputy Director Media, Campaigns and Public Engagement said:
“Make a feminist statement with these amazing t-shirts for the ultimate in festival fashion. Every woman and girl has the right to say #MyBodyIsMine and fulfil their potential to live without fear of attack.”
For further information, contact the media team on email: email@example.com , or; Frankie.firstname.lastname@example.org or if out of hours, on +44 (0) 7753 973 486.
Notes to Editors
1. ActionAid is an international charity that works with women and girls living in poverty. Our dedicated local staff are helping end violence against women and girls and changing lives, for good. We won’t stop until women and girls are out of danger, out of poverty and on track to create the future they want.
2. Interviews with the artists and photos are available on request and all images of influencers are taken from their social media accounts.