What to expect when you sponsor a child
Where your sponsorship money goes
80% of your sponsorship gift goes overseas (whilst 20% is spent in the UK on raising awareness and finding more supporters). Of the 80% overseas gift, 70% goes directly to your sponsored child’s community or, if there is an exceptional need such as a life-threatening emergency, another community within their country. The remaining 30% is used to fund other vital work in developing countries, and running child sponsorship so that you can receive messages from your sponsored child, and hear how your gift is changing lives.
Start your sponsorship now
Not only does child sponsorship help children to grow up happy, healthy and protected, it also gives them the opportunity to act as representatives for their communities.
When children come together to write or draw messages for their sponsors, they meet in a space where they can eat, play and learn about their rights.
Here’s their first drawing for you as their sponsor.holding