The best thing about this debate is the Q&A. We all know that climate change is a massive issue. We know that biofuels are extremely controversial (have you seen the debacle happening on Twitter at the moment? Check out #biofuels). But why is a fuel that promised to be so good actually so bad?
This is your chance to ask the questions that matter to you most. We want to know them. We want to find the answers for you (a bit like a free, biofuels version of AQA). For me, what the alternative is to biofuels is a pretty top question – I'll be eager to find out more. But back to you -
Ask me the questions now, and I will do my best to ask the top specialists attending the event. I'll be tweeting away all evening, so you can follow the goings-on live on Tuesday evening – tweet me then if you like. We want this debate to involve everyone who is interested, online and offline. We will showcase the debate happening on Twitter using Scribble Live on our biofuels debate page and on this blog.
Send me your question(s) any way you like:
* Facebook me. You can private message or write on the wall at facebook.com/actionaiduk
* Tweet me @actionaidliz . Use 2 hashtags please: #biofuels #bigdebate – these are what we'll be using on the night.
* Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Comment on this blog post - just write in your question below
I'll feedback fully on what happened afterwards (as well as tweeting it live).
Who is going to be there?
If you're wondering who we're going to fire your questions at, here's the list.
- Ben Webster, Environment Editor at The Times (Chair)
- Greg Archer, Director of the Low Carbon Vehicle Partnership and co-author of the Gallagher review - Professor Keith Smith from the University of Edinburgh - Tim Rice, Biofuel Policy Officer for ActionAid UK
on Monday, we'll be unveiling our report and biofuels animation. After the event, we'll be posting up videos clips of it. Next week is big for the future of biofuels – make sure you get in on the action. Let me know your questions, and if you want to know more about what biofuels are all about, check out the biofuels section of our site.
Look forward to hearing from you!