And now it can! We're asking you to get your friends and family together for an early Christmas Feast - call it a Faux-Ho-Ho perhaps - to raise money for ActionAid this Christmas.
To help warm up your Christmas spirit, here's twelve things we love about Christmas which we think will help make your Faux-Ho-Ho a Christmas cracker.
1. It all starts with food
Turkey, pigs-in-blankets, sprouts (meh) and mince pies. And cheese, lots of cheese, oooh and Christmas pud, and chocolate, and…
Order your Faux-Ho-Ho fundraising pack to get some delicious recipes.
2. A good Christmas needs a good tree
3. Set the atmosphere with some Christmas music
4. And your best Christmas outfit
5. There will probably be a little bit of drinking
6. And that will, inevitably, lead to some dancing
7. Who could forget Santa!
8. We’re dreaming of a white Christmas
Well it would be nice, wouldn’t it? It always snowed at Christmas when we were young. Always.
9. Christmas day, faux or not, needs a few games.
Sadly there’s always one sore loser.
10. Oh boy — presents! We really love some presents
(Our favourite part is getting them for everyone else).
12. But, the best bit has always, and will always be… the people
Getting the whole gang together — family, friends, everyone. It wouldn’t be Christmas whithout sharing a little cheer.
Your donations can help us fund projects like our Happy Homes in Bangladesh, ensuring that children like Salma don’t have to live on the streets, and can find a safe place to call home this Christmas.
Sign up for an ActionAid Faux-Ho-Ho Christmas fundraising pack and get your free Christmas recipes, classic games, photo-booth props and all the festive goodies you need to ho-ho-host a great event.