1. The ActionAid lottery is registered with the Gambling Commission under the Lotteries and the Law (Gambling Act, 2005). Please refer to www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk for terms.
ActionAid is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under account number 6025.
Responsible Person: Alison Liney, ActionAid UK, Chard Business Park, Jarman Way, Chard, Somerset, TA20 1FB.
2. 25% of the proceeds of the ActionAid lottery will be paid out in prize money (prize fund). Please refer to www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk for terms.
3. 75% of the proceeds of the ActionAid lottery will go to ActionAid.
4. Participation in the ActionAid lottery costs £1 per entry per week, which equates to £4.34 per calendar month, £13.02 per quarter or £52.08 per annum.
5. Each player must commit to play the ActionAid lottery for a minimum period of one week at £1.00 per week.
6. A subscription for a rolling term shall continue until terminated by the player, by giving of at least 4 weeks’ notice in writing of a player’s intention to withdraw from the scheme.
7. Payment for participation in the ActionAid lottery can be made by Direct Debit through banks and building societies which operate in Great Britain, or by cheque or credit card paid one month in advance.
8. Where a player intends to pay for a subscription by direct debit, the player must hold a UK bank account or a UK building society account out of which payment for the subscription shall be made.
9. Players can apply to pay for subscription by:
- completing the necessary details on the relevant application form and submitting such form, with the required payment or payment authority, to ActionAid at the designated address; or
- submitting such details as are required by ActionAid and payment or payment authority by telephone; or
- completing the necessary details on the relevant application form and submitting such form, with the required payment or payment authority on site at: ActionAid at Chard Business Park Jarman Way Chard Somerset TA20 1FB
- cancellation of a standing order or credit card is a player’s responsibility and any monies paid in advance are not refundable. We would be grateful if you would confirm in writing your intention to withdraw from this scheme.
10. Where a player intends to pay and pays for a subscription by debit card, the debit card details supplied must be those of a UK bank account or building society account in respect of which the player is an authorised user.
11. The card referred to in 7 and 10 above must not be nor have been reported as lost or stolen.
12. A six digit number will be allocated by the promoter to each entry.
13. The six digit number allocated to an entry will remain the same for the period of a player’s participation in the ActionAid lottery.
14. ActionAid will confirm proof of receipt of entry by letter. If confirmation has not been received within 14 days of posting please contact ActionAid at the address below or by telephone on 01460 238000.
15. The ActionAid lottery card supplied by ActionAid is not proof of entry into the draw, nor ownership of the ActionAid lottery numbers.
16. Your ActionAid lottery numbers will be entered into the draw within 1 month of your payment being cleared.
17. A player’s number selection(s) contained in a subscription will not be entered into a Draw and a player shall not be entitled to any Prize for that Draw in respect of such selection(s) where the player’s payment, as the case may be, has not been received by ActionAid at least 48 hours before the relevant Draw.
18. No responsibility is taken for application forms lost, delayed or damaged in the post and proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
19. The promoter accepts no responsibility if a standing order or Direct Debit is cancelled in error.
20. A subscription shall commence on the date of the first draw recorded on the subscription confirmation.
21. ActionAid may, at its absolute discretion and on such terms as it sees fit and without specifying any reason, accept or reject any request from a player to ActionAid for ActionAid to cancel his subscription.
22. A subscription or part thereof shall be void and shall not in any case entitle its holder to a prize if:
- ActionAid has not received the payment required by it for that subscription or the relevant part of the subscription by 48 hours before the date on which the subscription or the relevant part of the subscription would have, but for such a non-payment, become a subscription or relevant part of the subscription containing numbers which match the winning numbers; or
- The subscription is to be paid for by Direct Debit or by debit card and the Direct Debit or debit card payment fails without ActionAid receiving by 48 hours before the date on which the subscription or relevant part of the subscription would have, but for such non-payment, become a subscription or relevant part of the subscription containing numbers which match the winning numbers, an amount (by another payment method) equivalent to the amount which ActionAid did not collect by reason of such failure.
23. ActionAid at its absolute discretion and without specifying any reason, may cancel a subscription or may partially cancel a subscription by removing one or more plays from the subscription, with effect from the next draw(s) of the ActionAid lottery to which that subscription relates, and:
- In the event of a cancellation of a subscription as a whole ActionAid’s only liability to a player shall be to repay to the player any monies previously paid in respect of that subscription for any draw or draws of the ActionAid Lottery to which the subscription relates occurring after such cancellation and to pay to the player any unpaid prizes due to him in respect of draws prior to such cancellations; or
- In the event of a partial cancellation of a subscription, ActionAid’s only liability to the player shall be to repay to the player any monies previously paid which are attributable to the Draw(s) of the Game(s) which has/have been removed from the subscription but only in respect of the Draw(s) occurring after such partial cancellation and to pay to the player any unpaid prizes due to him in respect of draws of the game(s) which has/have been removed from the subscription prior to such cancellation.
24. ActionAid reserves the right to withhold payment of any prize or to cancel or suspend a player’s subscription if, prior to commencement of his subscription, the player did not meet the relevant criteria of terms 7, 10 and 39 in this document.
25. ActionAid reserves the right to stop the ActionAid lottery by giving one month’s written notice to all registered players.
Draw & winner information
26. The Promoter will hold all Customer funds, as defined by the Gambling Commission, in a segregated bank account to protect them against the insolvency of the Promoter. This is considered a ‘basic’ level of protection by the Gambling Commission. Customer funds include Lottery prize funds that have been allocated but not yet paid to the winner.
27. The ActionAid Lottery draw takes place every Thursday. Five numbers will be drawn randomly by computer. The first number drawn will be allocated 50% of the prize fund, the second number drawn will be allocated 20% of the prize fund, the third number drawn will be allocated 15% of the prize fund, the fourth number drawn will be allocated 10% of the prize fund, the fifth number drawn will be allocated 5% of the prize fund.
28. The draw will be made by a random number generator every Thursday and will be witnessed by two people.
29. The promoter reserves the right to delay the Thursday draw if it falls on a public holiday or the registered office is closed. The draw will take place on the next ActionAid working day.
30. The result of each draw is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
31. Winners will be notified by post. Players are responsible for notifying ActionAid of any changes to addresses. A cheque will be sent out within 10 working days of the draw to the name and address of the registered owner of each winning number and should be cashed within 180 days of issue.
32. A list of winners will appear on the ActionAid website at www.actionaid.org.uk or are available by phoning the ActionAid lottery hotline on 01460 238 000* or have them emailed directly to you.
33. By entering this lottery, entrants agree that if they win, their titles, surnames and Home Counties will be made available on this winners list.
34. After reasonable efforts to contact the winner, any uncashed or unclaimed prizes will be deemed as a donation to the Charity after the period of six months from the draw date
35. For a list of past winners send a SAE to the address below specifying which week’s results are desired.
36. The player will be required to supply certain information to ActionAid during the subscription application process which will assist ActionAid (i) in determining whether or not the players meets the criteria set out above and (ii) to verify the player’s eligibility to play the ActionAid lottery. This information will include but will not be limited to the player’s name, address details, telephone numbers (landline and mobile), date of birth, gender, email address and payment details. ActionAid reserves the right to request an authentication agency to verify such information relating to the player.
If ActionAid is not satisfied that the information provided (i) is adequate and/or (ii) has been verified by ActionAid or any authentication agency, then ActionAid may refuse an application for a subscription in its absolute discretion.
38. Any individual has the right to request information held about them. To gain access to this information, please contact the responsible person for the lottery at the end of this document.
39. Players must be aged 16 or over to participate in the ActionAid’s lottery and are reminded that underage gambling is a criminal offence.
40. To promote responsible gambling, we will only allow any individual to purchase up to 20 chances per week
41. ActionAid promotes socially responsible gambling and will put self-exclusion into place as and when required by the supporter. Members can self-exclude for a period of 6 months, up to a period of 5 years if needed. Any self-exclusion period may, on request, be extended for one or more further periods of at least six months. Members wishing to self-exclude can do so by contacting the Lottery Office, but will not be able to re-join the lottery for a period of 6 months from the date of self-exclusion. Further details and a self-exclusion request form can be found on our website lottery pages.
42. The Charity is a member of The Lotteries Council. This organisation makes a financial contribution on behalf of their members to the Responsible Gambling Trust a charity that carries out research into problem gambling and the treatment of problem gambling. If you are gambling more than you want to or are concerned that an individual may be a problem gambler, advice is available at www.gamcare.org.uk, www.begambleaware.org or contact the national telephone helpline free on 0808 8020 133 from 8am to midnight seven days a week.
43. The Charity wishes to conduct its lottery in a fair and socially responsible way, and to endorse responsible gambling. We will review the terms and conditions six monthly as well as updating them as required by law from time to time. Any changes to these terms and conditions will be posted on this website 28 days prior to effect.
44. All complaints or disputes will be dealt with in accordance with our policy, a copy of which is available from the Promotor via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephoning 01460 238 000.
In the event that a complaint or dispute cannot be resolved then it will be referred to arbitration. As ActionAid is a member of The Lotteries Council this will be The Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS). IBAS is a free to use service and its contact details are set out below:
Independent Betting Adjudication Service
PO Box 62639
London, EC3P 3AS
Telephone: 020 7347 5883