27 August 2015
As the funniest joke from this year’s Edinburgh Fringe has been revealed we share some of the jokes we’ve heard at the festival that really made us chuckle. If you didn't get the chance to catch Hardeep Singh Kohli's show ‘Big Mouth Strikes Again’ or Mark Watson's shows ‘Work in Progress’ and ‘Flaws’ in Edinburgh, they’ll be performing alongside other top comedians at our black-tie gala Comedy Clash on 17 November.
The funniest joke award goes to Darren Walsh
“I just deleted all the German names off my phone. It's Hans free.” Darren Walsh
Our personal Fringe faves
- “If you don't know what introspection is – you need to take a long, hard look at yourself.” Ian Smith
- “Joan Rivers got exactly what she wanted from that final surgery – to stop ageing. Finally she nailed it.” Katherine Ryan
- “I went to Waterstones and asked the woman for a book about turtles, she said 'hardback?' and I was like, 'yeah and little heads’.” Mark Simmons
- "So much for Taylor Swift. She sent back my trousers unmended!” Milton Jones
- ”I am the one in my family who does all the driving, because my husband never learnt to drive - in my opinion.” Jo Brand
- "I treat the comments section under a feminist article like the toilets at Glastonbury... don't look down." Tiff Stevenson
- “One thing you’ll never hear a Hindu say: ‘You only live once’.” Hardeep Singh Kohli
- "I never lie on my CV - because it creases it." Jenny Collier
Fancy some comedy to combat poverty?
Long-term ActionAid supporters Mark and Hardeep will be joined by Richard Herring and Sara Pascoe to battle for the biggest laughs at our Comedy Clash fundraising gala, hosted by Clive Anderson on 17 November in London. This one-off exclusive event will include a three course dinner, drinks, auction and lots, lots more, all to raise vital funds to support women and children living in extreme poverty.
Tickets are selling fast so book yours now!
Photo: Greg Funnell/ActionAid