23 September 2014
We're coordinating a series of local events to get the conversation started about the impact tax dodging is having on communities across the world, and what we can do about it. Take a look at our map to see if we're bringing the campaign to a venue near you.
Love your community, hate tax dodging
People across the UK are pretty angry that big companies are getting away with dodging billions in taxes. As political parties decide their priorities in the build up to the general election in May, now is the time to make sure politicians hear our call loud and clear for tax justice.
We’d love it if you could join the tax dodging debate by coming to a local event. So far, we’ve got the following events booked in, but it’s worth checking the map as we’ll be adding more.
- Tuesday 21st October: Haringey — Cypriot Community Centre, 6:30pm
- Thursday 23rd October: Bristol — Hamilton House, 6:30pm
- Saturday 25th October: Ely — The Old Dispensary, 7:00pm
- Tuesday 28th October: Manchester — The Mechanics Institute, 6:30pm
- Wednesday 29th October: Anglesey — St Cyngar Church Hall, 6:30pm
- Thursday 30th October: St Albans — Trinity United Reformed Church, 6:30pm
- Saturday 2nd November: Dalston — Passing Clouds 6:15pm
Would you like to find out more? Come to a local event to hear from our tax experts on the impacts of tax dodging, and what we can all do about it. We’ve got plans to make tax dodging a huge issue next year — this is the start of an exciting campaign we hope you’ll be part of.
If there isn’t an event near you, don’t worry — you can still do a lot to support the campaign.