Tonight party leaders will be debating the big issues ahead of the UK general election – but most of them still haven’t committed to go far enough to tackle tax dodging. Please take action tonight to make sure they back a Tax Dodging Bill.
Why we’re calling for a Tax Dodging Bill
A new law to tackle tax dodging could net the UK an extra £3.6bn every year and get billions more for developing countries. That’s why we’re campaigning with over twenty other organisations to call on whoever is elected to commit to introduce a Tax Dodging Bill in the first 100 days after the election.
Over 70,000 people have joined the campaign, and tonight we can really make our voices heard.
We’re pretty sure they’ll mention a long term economic plan, but will they commit to tackle tax dodging? Only if you campaign to make it happen.
Make your voice heard in the Leaders’ Debate
The media and politicians of all stripes will be watching online to see what issues matter to the UK public. Make sure they know you care about tax dodging.
There are a couple of ways you can get involved:
1. Make some noise on Twitter
Tell the party leaders to put tax on the agenda tonight using the hash tags #LeadersDebate and #MakeTaxFair. You can also drop in our #MakeTaxFair graphic by pasting this link into your tweet:
Alternatively we’ve drafted up some posts below to make life easy. Just click the tweets to post them:
- Party leaders! It’s time to #MakeTaxFair – will you address a #TaxDodgingBill tonight? #LeadersDebate [Image]
- As the #LeadersDebate begins share this image to show how important it is that politicians #MakeTaxFair [Image]
- RT if you agree tax should be on the #LeadersDebate agenda tonight. [Image] #MakeTaxFair
- Poor countries could net an estimated £3bn from a #TaxDodgingBill. Will all parties commit to #MakeTaxFair if elected? #LeadersDebate Pls RT
2. Play our Leaders’ Debate Buzzword Bingo
Are you ticked off with politicians saying the same thing? Play our Leaders’ Debate Buzzword Bingo game to spread the word about the campaign.
And if you like it, please pass it on to your network on Twitter:
- Play the #MakeTaxFair #LeadersDebate Buzzword Bingo tonight and see what they should be saying! http://bit.ly/1G6VK8V
Thank you for helping to keep the pressure on. If you have any questions you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @ActionAidUK.
Photos: DFID, David Spender, Scottish Government, EdMiliband (Flickr), Υπουργείο Εξωτερικών, Gareth Llewellyn, Edinburgh Greens